Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Superlux SMKH8K's really that good?  (Read 5370 times)

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
Superlux SMKH8K's really that good?
« on: October 28, 2004, 09:54:57 PM »
I've been reading a lot of reviews of the Superlux SMKH8K and people are saying they are great mics. They're only 134.00 for the pair w/ accesories! What are the facts and what's the fiction behind this. Anyone familiar with these mics?
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline Swampy

• Needs to get out more...
  • You Worthless Swampy Fool
Re: Superlux SMKH8K's really that good?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2004, 11:54:59 PM »
Best in the sub 300 category IMO

Offline Swampy

• You Worthless Swampy Fool
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2004, 12:12:52 AM »
BTW, no need to cross post

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2004, 02:23:33 AM »
the superlux are the shizzy!

if you'd like some samples check out:  http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree&cat=The%20Fuzz

the late 2003 and early 2004 shows are all lux>ua5>njb3, which is what you posted in the other forum you were thinking about going with.  i think they sound awesome for the price.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline tibbsa

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2004, 02:19:18 PM »

if you'd like some samples check out:  http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree&cat=The%20Fuzz

the late 2003 and early 2004 shows are all lux>ua5>njb3, which is what you posted in the other forum you were thinking about going with.  i think they sound awesome for the price.

I listened to these, but am curious... where are those random clicks coming from?

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2004, 02:33:57 AM »
Was set on the superlux....now I read reviews on the octava's that sound great......shit......having a hard time making up my mind.....to much information out there
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2004, 04:02:36 AM »
Was set on the superlux....now I read reviews on the octava's that sound great......shit......having a hard time making up my mind.....to much information out there

looks like you need an unegucated, uninformed opinion.  if you can get the sups for 135 a pair, i'd jump on it. i just checked the link i put up on the other thread and a matched set was like twice that. but lots of raves for them here. imdao i'd skip the octavas and go w/ the luxes.  or you might want to check these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3757879925&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

3 cm 100 w/ cp1   the sale says 2 cords, but seller says he has 3  ;)

kirk
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline charles

• W/O Rig but Hopeful
  • Taperssection Member
    • BrownMountainLight.Net
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2004, 04:27:44 AM »
That's interesting. Could get a good deal on those. Are they good mics. Don't exactly understand what he says he selling. I'm assuming the cp-1 part means they've got cardiod caps on them? cm100/300 body?
W/O Rig but Hopeful

Offline admkrk

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm an idiot
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2004, 05:05:13 AM »
BTW, no need to cross post

yeah it's confusing, he doesn't know what he's selling, but seems straight up. the 3rd cable isn't listed, but he told me he found one and was adding it. from what i've seen lately, these'll probly go for $150 - 200, but you never know. if you search around here you'll probly find better answers than i can give, but, the main diff between the 300 & 100 is the 100s have more noise. although i dought you'll notice it. i used this mic for my last tape , center channel, and i didn't hear the noise. it came out muddy, due to all 3 mics being cards i think. one advantage of the 100 is it runs on AAA batts, readily available.

remember this is jmo
                                       kirk
"the faster you go ahead, the behinder you get"

"If you can drink ram's piss, fuck, you can drink anything"

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • FJ Baby!
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2004, 02:15:18 AM »

I listened to these, but am curious... where are those random clicks coming from?

the random clicks are from my njb3...something i discovered after awhile.  when my hdd is full on the jb3, i get pops and clicks, i have to format it and do a disc cleanup on it quite often.  if i do that, its fine.  not all people have this problem.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com